Recommend this recipe
Share this recipe:
Pasta, meat and cheese. Oh yesssss!
For the pasta
• Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the shallots for 5 minutes until soft.
• Add mince and fry until brown, breaking the meat up with the back of a spoon as it cooks. Stir in garlic, tomato purée, passata, chilli and basil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season.
• Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions and drain well.
• Preheat the grill to moderate.
• Arrange pasta shells into a heatproof dish and spoon the lamb mixture into the shells. Sprinkle with both cheeses and grill for a few minutes, or until the cheese melts.
• Serve with the extra basil and parmesan, dressed salad leaves and crusty bread.