- Remove the meat from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Dry roast the pistachio nuts briefly in a non-stick frying pan.
- Put the rocket into a blender; add the pistachio nuts and the cheese, 100 ml of olive oil and salt and pepper and blend until you have a chunky pesto sauce.
- Heat up the barbecue, grill or a non-stick frying pan. Brush the steaks with remaining oil and cook for 1½ minutes on each side. Turn down the heat and cook according to taste and the thickness of the meat.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Leave to rest for 2 minutes. Place a small spoonful of pesto on each of the lamb steaks and serve the rest of the pesto separately.
- Accompany with grilled halved tomatoes and steamed potatoes or fresh pasta.
Tip: Don’t blend your pesto too much; the small pieces of pistachio nut will add a fabulous crunchy texture that is very different from ready-made pesto sauces