- In a large bowl mix together the lamb, oil, garlic, thyme leaves, turmeric, cumin and seasoning. Cover and leave to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- While the lamb is marinating remove the stalks from the aubergines and prick the flesh a few times. Place in a large dish, cover and cook in the microwave for 12 minutes. They should be nice and soft at this stage. Leave to cool until lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the mayonnaise, oil and mint leaves. Taste and season.
- Cut the aubergines in half horizontally and remove the flesh with a spoon. Place in the bowl of a blender and add the oil, lemon juice and parsley. Blend until you have a smooth creamy mixture. Taste and season.
- Assemble the kebabs, alternating between the lamb and peppers. Preheat the grill or barbecue and cook the kebabs for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season after cooking and serve with the two sauces (the aubergine caviar should be eaten lukewarm or cold.)
Tip: The longer you marinate the meat, the more flavour it will develop. If you can leave it to marinate for several hours before cooking or even prepare it the day before. Mix from time to time and remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.