- In a large bowl mix the lamb, oil, garlic, thyme leaves, turmeric, cumin and seasoning. Mix together, cover and leave to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- While it is marinating remove the stalks from the aubergines and prick a few times. Place in a large dish, cover and cook at 990W in the microwave for 12 minutes. They should be nice and soft. Leave to cool until lukewarm
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the mayonnaise, oil and mint leaves. Season to taste.
- Chop the peppers into 2.5 cm chunks
- Cut the aubergines in two horizontally and remove the flesh with a spoon. Place in the bowl of a blender; add the oil, lemon juice and parsley. Blend until you have a smooth creamy mixture. Season to taste.
- Make kebabs alternating the lamb and pepper. Grill on all sides or on the barbecue. Season after cooking and serve with the two sauces (the aubergine caviar should be eaten lukewarm or cold.)
Tip: The longer you marinate the meat, the more flavour it will develop. If you can leave it to marinate for several hours before cooking or even prepare it the day before. Mix from time to time and remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.