Recommend this recipe
Share this recipe:
A tasty fusion of sweet and earthy flavours makes for as great midweek meal.
Ingredients to serve 4
• Mix 2 tbsp of olive oil with the juice of half a lemon, 2-3 tbsp of chopped flat-leaf parsley, garlic, turmeric and sumac in a dish. Add the diced lamb, mix well, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
• Place the bulgur wheat and raisins in a mixing bowl. Pour in 250ml of boiling water, add a little salt and leave to swell.
• Meanwhile, chop the rest of the flat-leaf parsley, scallions and mint. De-seed and then dice the tomatoes. Juice the remaining lemons.
• Pour 2 tbsp olive oil over the bulgur wheat, mix well with a fork to distribute, then add the rest of the ingredients (add lemon juice to taste). Mix and season to taste. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
• About 30 minutes before serving, take the meat out of the fridge, thread onto 4 skewers making sure to remove any pieces of garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper.
• Grill the kebabs on a barbecue or in a grill pan.
• Serve straight away with the tabbouleh.
Tip: The longer you marinate the meat, the softer and more flavoursome it will become.