• Preheat the oven to 160oC, 140oC Fan, Gas mark 3.
• Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish over medium to high heat and brown the lamb on both sides to seal. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
• In the same dish fry the shallots until soft, then add the garlic, bay leaves and chilli flakes. Cook for a minute.
• Stir in stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and season. Return the lamb to the casserole dish, spoon over the sauce, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 3 hours.
• Remove the casserole dish from the oven and spoon off any excess oil from the surface of the sauce. Use 2 forks to gently pull the meat apart. Season, if required.
• Meanwhile, microwave the rice according to the packet instructions.
• Fill warm bowls with rice, spinach leaves, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and lamb. Garnish with the feta cheese and serve.